The Bath County office of Virginia Cooperative Extension is your local connection to Virginia's land-grant universities, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University.
Through educational programs based on research and developed with input from local stakeholders, we help the people of Bath County improve their lives.
We provide education through programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Viability.
Local Agricultural Information
- VCE 101 - An Intro to Extension (Bath/Highland)
- I'm a New Landowner..What Do I Do Now? - Tom Stanley
- Basic Management Principles for Livestock - John Benner
- Wonderous Woodlands: What You Can Do With It - Adam Downing
- Garden Prep: Getting Ready for the Growing Season - Jason Copper
- Brint It Back to Life:Renovating Your Fields & Pastures -Matt Booher
Family & Consumer Sciences
- Food & Nutrition Agent, Becky Gartner, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home Food Preservation
- ServSafe Training
- Food as a Business
- Home Water Quality
Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN)
The Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN) accelerates efforts, connects partners, and shares resources to solve child hunger in Virginia and create nutritious food access for all Virginians.